Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Project Finished

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 84 degrees, clear skies

We were busy all morning helping Terri with a project she has been working on since we arrived here in March. We are happy to report that this project has been finished, which should help us have more time to spend on ourselves and, hopefully, start traveling again. Someday, I may have something to write on this project, but for now, we prefer to get away from it for awhile.

We arrived home about 1300 hours and rested until about 1500 hours, when I went out to the house to check on things. Another potential buyer looked at the house today, but we have not heard anything from the Realtor. At least we are getting some traffic to see the house, which we are glad to see, considering the condition of the real estate market and the uncertainty in the economy.

While I was at the house, I did the weed eating in preparation for mowing tomorrow. The changes in the weather, with cooler temperatures and less rain, seem to be slowing down the growth of the grass. It has been about ten days since I last mowed around the house, compared to every 5-7 days at the height of the summer. I am trying to align the mowing schedule so that I mow everything the day before we leave on our trip to Florida. That should allow us to be gone about ten days before the grass needs to be cut again.

Last week, I was reviewing our credit card statements to make sure everything was okay. We use two cards as though they were cash, and pay them off in full every month. I hate to pay interest. We have a satellite dish, and I found that we were being double charged for one of the services that we subscribe to. I called the service, and explained the situation I found. The service looked at their records and agreed that we were being charged too much. As a result, we will not be charged anything for the next five months. I urge everyone who uses credit cards or debit cards to review your statements carefully. You never know when you might find errors.

I don't watch much TV, but some programs I like include NCIS, CSI, and The Unit. Tonight is the new season opener for NCIS, so I'm closing so I can go watch it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Mineral Wells, Texas: Where America drinks its way to health!

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: