Thursday, September 25, 2008

Painting Hitch

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 82 degrees, clear skies

The morning walk was brisk to the point that I almost cut it short. When I went out the door of the RV, I didn't realize how cool it was. Once I got to the area where I walk, I thought it seemed cooler than it was at home, but decided I would warm up quickly. Wrong, because I was still cold over half way through my route. It looks like I'll have to start taking something to cover my arms when I walk on these cool mornings. Or just suck it up.

After returning home and taking care of a couple of errands, I had to go to the house to check on things, then go to town to take care of some little chores, including going to the library. By the time I finished all these little jobs, it was lunch time. After lunch, I meditated a short time, then started work on a job that I have been wanting to do for awhile. The hitch on the RV was looking faded. It didn't have any rust, but it was easy to see that it had been exposed to the weather for some time. I taped newspaper around the hitch to keep paint over spray from getting on the RV, then put a fresh coat of black spray paint on the hitch. Not a bad job, and it looks factory new. My next paint job will probably be on the steps.

I put some more wax on the RV in places I hadn't gotten to yet, but still have some to do. I'm about over this wax thing. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish tomorrow.

As most of you know, we have a satellite dish that we take with us in our travels. Like everyone else, we select the services we want and pay for them. Today, we discovered that we are not getting the network channels. I called about the problem, and it seems to be connected to the issue I wrote about last week concerning us getting double charged for that service. After spending at least 45 minutes on the phone talking to the service, we are supposed to have the issue fixed. We should have service back between now and tomorrow morning, but at this time, we still don't have it. And here it is Thursday night with CSI coming on with a new show.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Belleview, Florida: City With Small Town Charm

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: