Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day Of Fall

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 84 degrees, clear skies

Today is the first day of fall, and the weather couldn't be better. Last week, I wrote about how much we like this season of the year. Now, if we can get things a little more settled here, maybe we can take some trips.

When I took my morning walk, I was wearing shorts and wishing I had something on my legs. By mid-morning, it had warmed up enough that the shorts were okay. We went to the laundromat to wash our clothes, which took us about an hour. Then we went over to Terri's apartment to help her gather some information for a meeting she has tomorrow. On the way home, we put our applications for absentee ballots in the mail. We want to make sure we vote since we feel that if we don't, we give up our right to criticize decisions made by the politicians. I think everyone will agree there are plenty of mistakes being made by that bunch in Washington.

When we arrived home, we had a snack for lunch, then meditated for a short time. That meditation seems to rejuvenate us, and when we can't do it, we really miss it.
After the meditation, I mowed and used the weed eater for the yard around the RV. After another short rest, I went out to the house to check on things. No problems were found.

After supper, I wiped the truck down, and wiped down half the outside walls on the RV. It's nice to be able to do the things we need to do for ourselves, instead of the house taking all our time.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Sequim, Washington: Sunny Sequim

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: