Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Throw The Bums Out

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 88 degrees, partly cloudy skies

We had a typical Florida afternoon shower today, which cooled things off a little. The humidity is still bad, but we're more used to it after being in Coker all summer. More of the same is expected tomorrow.

We visited with Carolyn's folks from mid-morning until after 1500 hours. I went to Sears to have the tires on the truck rotated and balanced. After waiting about two hours, I was told they would not have the truck ready for at least another two hours. At that point, I told them if they had told me that kind of news to begin with, I would not have been hanging around. Just another example of poor customer service that seems so wide spread today.

The reason I was having the work performed at Sears is that we bought the tires on the truck from them, and as part of the deal, they perform rotation and balancing for nothing. I'm not sure if I'll try here again before we leave. I need to get the work done, but I don't like wasting my time like I did today. If we have to, we can get the service done in Tuscaloosa when we get back.

I'm sure everyone is noticing what is going on with the stock markets. We were told the $700,000,000,000 bailout was going to fix everything. Our politicians are really a lot smarter than the rest of us, aren't they? I feel better knowing all those smart people are taking such good care of us. NOT!! Let's throw all the bums out of office.

I know everything is not as simple as I have flippantly stated. I also know that it is going to take a lot of hard work to get this country back on it's feet. However, maybe as a nation we'll learn to be more conservative with our finances and spending, and plan more for the future, instead of thinking that we deserve everything right now. Wouldn't that be a new concept?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Ocala, Florida: Different Pace. Better Place.

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: