Thursday, October 23, 2008

Laundry Day

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 61 degrees, high 67 degrees, mostly cloudy all day, light showers around dark, more rain expected tonight

We usually wash our laundry about every two weeks, and today it was time again for that chore. Since we went to a laundromat, we were able to wash and dry everything in a little more than an hour. After finishing the clothes, we decided to splurge and went to MacDonald's for lunch. The MacDonald's we went to is in Northport, and enjoys a certain amount of fame because Ronald Reagan ate there in 1984 after giving a speech at the University of Alabama. He had a Big Mac, large french fries, and a large sweetened iced tea. After MacDonald's, we needed a few groceries, so we stopped at the WalMart Mall. Then on to home to put everything away. Whew!! Busy morning. And that was after my morning walk.

When I went out to the house this afternoon, I found that the armadillos had been at their mischief again, tearing up the yard and flower beds. As much as I don't want to, I guess I'll have to spend some time out there to get rid of a few of them. I have a feeling that the damage is being caused by no more than two or three armadillos. It doesn't take many to tear a yard up.

Gas prices continue to go down in this area. The lowest I saw today was $2.57 per gallon, and almost every day sees it go down more. I'm glad to see lower prices, but it appears it is because of the weak economy. That's unfortunate, since people are suffering financially, and there is every indication that it is going to get worse before it gets better. I hope that if the country learns anything from this, it would be that there is no free ride, we don't have to have everything right now, and it is best to be conservative in our financial dealings. If we can't afford it, we shouldn't buy it.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Mobile, Alabama: The Port City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: