Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chili Night

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 30 degrees, high 54 degrees, windy, clear skies

I didn't get out for my morning walk until almost 0900 hours because the weather was so cold. Once I did start walking, it was into the wind, and the walk seemed to take longer than normal. Okay, so I'm a wuss. I am not a fan of cold weather. Give me 50 degrees at night and 70 degrees in the daytime and I'm happy. Anyone know where I can find that kind of weather that lasts all year?

This kind of weather seems to get my appetite up for chili. Luckily, Carolyn felt the same way, so she fixed a pot of outstanding chili for supper. She gave a big bowl to Billy Plowman, and Terri and Thomas came over and had supper with us. We sent some of the leftover chili with them. After all of that, we still have plenty left that we will eat as leftovers. Good stuff.

After supper, I helped Thomas with his math homework. It appears to me that kids don't have as much homework as I remember having when I was a kid, or even when our girls were at home. I realize that may just be my perception.

In the late afternoon, I went to the house to check things out. While there, I set the furnace to 55 degrees to ensure that the pipes don't freeze. I also noticed that the armadillos appear to be staying out of the yard. So far, the moth balls are still working.

In a couple of the posts, I have had comments that suggested we take a trip to Greenbow, Alabama, to see the hometown of Forrest Gump, a true American hero. I'm finally convinced that Greenbow exists, and sometime in the near future, I'll be writing about what we see there. I know everyone will be holding their breath for that post.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Valdosta, Georgia: Winnersville, USA

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: