Saturday, October 18, 2008

Coooool Morning

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 71 degrees, clear skies

This was the coolest morning of the fall so far, and it felt great. When I went for my morning walk, I could see my breath. No sweating today, and I actually wore a windbreaker while walking. Tomorrow is supposed to be even cooler, so I think I'll get my gloves out for the walk.

After returning home and eating breakfast, we went out to the house and boiled more peanuts. We put nine more quarts in the freezer, and should finish up tomorrow. While we were waiting on the peanuts to cook, we spent part of the time watching several deer on the property. We knew there were deer there before this, but the dogs always scared them away. Now that the dogs are gone and hardly anyone goes to the house, the deer are beginning to show themselves. I also did some trimming on shrubs and trees.

After finishing up with what we wanted to do at the house, we returned home. I hooked up our sewer hose and dumped the holding tanks. We should be okay on space for about two weeks before we have to dump again. That is if we don't hook the RV up to the truck and go somewhere. I noticed that our drinking water line connected to the faucet was leaking, but I didn't have any parts to repair it with. We went to the mall (WalMart, that is), but they were out of hose repair parts. So, I picked up a new drinking water hose and changed it out with the old one. No more leak.

After all that work, it was time for some meditation. Then I watched a little college football, while Carolyn was doing her thing. Overall, a good day. And we couldn't ask for better weather.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Kingman, Arizona: The Heart Of Historic Route 66

Not all who wander are lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROLL TIDE!!!!!Thank Goodness!