Saturday, October 4, 2008

Watching Football Games

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 51 degrees, high 83 degrees, mostly clear skies

We knew traffic would be heavy, at least until the football game started, so we decided to stay home for the morning. At least that was the plan. Before the morning was over, I had to go to the library and the WalMart Mall. Surprisingly, the traffic was lighter than I though it would be. I was able to get in and out of town with few holdups.

After lunch, I watched Florida beat Arkansas in a college football game, and then mowed the yard around the RV. After the mowing, I watched part of the Alabama and Kentucky game. At halftime of that game, I went over to the house to check things out, and was amazed at how little traffic there was on the roads. These Alabama fans really love their football team.

While at the house, I trimmed the shrubs and watered the plants. The yard is in pretty good shape, and should be okay while we are in Florida. I'll check it again tomorrow and water everything again so it'll continue to look good.

We decided we'll leave for Florida on Monday. Even though it's only about 500 miles to Ocala, we'll take two days to get there. That's not a problem, since we'll have our little house with us. We like to take our time and actually see the countryside when we travel. We are looking forward to seeing everyone down there.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Cheyenne, Wyoming: Capital City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: