Friday, October 24, 2008

Moth Balls

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 60 degrees, high 67 degrees, rain all morning, then clearing in the afternoon

The rain started this morning before daybreak and continued until just after lunch time. As a result, I didn't take my morning walk, but made up for it in the afternoon when the rain stopped.

We visited Terri at her apartment this morning while waiting for the rain to stop. After returning to the RV, we took care of some minor chores while I was waiting to go to the library. It does not open until 1200 hours on Friday, and I arrived there about 1330 hours. The reason I went was to download the latest iTunes program. iTunes is the program used to load material on to our iPod. I have pretty good access to the Internet at the RV, but it is not fast enough to download large files in a timely manner. For example, it would have taken at least an hour to download the files at the RV, while I was able to do it at the library in about two minutes using our computer.

In checking our e-mail today, I noticed that Jerry Brown, one of our friends in Granbury, Texas, had suggested using moth balls to keep the armadillos out of the flower beds at the house. On the way home, I stopped at the WalMart Mall and picked up a couple of boxes. Since I needed to go out to the house and check on things, I took the moth balls and spread them in the flower beds. I hope this is the remedy we have been looking for. Updates later on this problem.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Hahira, Georgia: A Great Place To Live, Work, And Play

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: