Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 31 degrees, high 72 degrees, clear skies

I took my morning walk a little earlier than I have the rest of the week, because it wasn't quite as cold. Cold enough for me, though. Since the weather has turned cooler, I'm seeing people walking that I've never seen before. I guess the nice weather is bringing them out.

After walking, I went by the barber shop and got the bi-monthly trim. Carolyn usually cuts my hair, but with the problems she has been having with her legs, I have had it cut in the barbershop the last three times. Fortunately, I've been satisfied with the cuts that I have been getting. Several years ago, I received the worse haircut I ever got in a major barber shop in down town Northport. Since then, I have been hesitant to use barbershops.

I went to the library about lunch time to return some books and get more. Traffic was terrible because the university is having their homecoming and the football game that goes with it. Terri was telling me that it is estimated that the population of the area increases by close to 90,000 people on football weekends. As much as I like college football, I'll be glad to see the traffic jams go away.

We went with Terri to take Thomas to Bessemer so his dad could pick him up for the weekend. Once we got out of Tuscaloosa and on the interstate, traffic wasn't too bad. Back in Tuscaloosa, it was one big parking lot on US 82, also known as McFarland Boulevard. By Sunday, everything will be back to normal.

Carolyn likes to watch TV shows that purport to contact ghosts and spirits. Personally, I'm not a believer in that type of stuff, so I always find something else to do. That's not to say that Carolyn believes in it, but she does find it entertaining. Tonight, as part of the Halloween season, the SciFi Channel is showing a six hour live special telecast of the most famous ghost finders examining whether there are ghosts and spirits in an old fort. Carolyn is having a good time watching the telecast, and I'm staying busy doing the blog and other things. Like running the anti-virus and spybot checks on the computer. I guess when I post the blog, I'll spend a little time planning our trip to Greenbow, Alabama, Forrest Gump's hometown.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee: We Have Long Songs (Huh? I have no idea what that means)

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: