Thursday, October 2, 2008

RV House Cleaning

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 84 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Since we have finished the major work on Terri's house, we have been gradually catching up on our things to do at the RV. Today was a major work day, and we managed to get most of what was left to do completed. After my morning walk, I took the bed sheets, bedspread, mattress pad, and floor rugs to the laundry and washed them. I was glad to get out, because while I was gone, Carolyn did her thing. When she gets on a cleaning tear, I have learned that the best thing to do is disappear. The RV is not a nice place to be when she gets that look in her eye. By the time I got back, she was ready for me to get the carpet cleaner out of the basement so she could clean the carpet. While she was doing the carpet, I finished straightening the basement, lubricated the seals on the slideouts, checked the air pressure in the tires for the truck and RV, made sure the tire monitoring system was working, and on and on and.....

By the time we finished our work, it was mid-afternoon. We took the remainder of the day off to rest. Survivor was on tonight, so we watched that. I don't know if we will watch many episodes of this show, because if it doesn't catch us in the first two or three episodes, we tend to stop watching it. After Survivor, we watched the Vice-Presidential Debate, primarily to see how Sarah Palin would do, and whether Joe Biden would stick his foot in his mouth, as he has a tendency to do. Sarah did fine, and Joe kept his foot out of his mouth. Too bad, because when he messes up, it's usually funny.

The House of Representatives votes on the Wall Street bailout plan tomorrow, and I have a feeling it will pass. As I've said before, I'm not an expert on the issues, but it feels wrong that we are going to give $700,000,000,000 to solve something when even the people pushing it don't know if it will work. Notice how many zeroes were in that number? I feel we are rushing to do something that really deserves a more measured response.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Waxahachie, Texas: Crepe Myrtle Capital Of Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: