Friday, July 16, 2010

ANOTHER Doctor Visit

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 75 degrees, high 97 degrees, clear to partly cloudy skies

ANOTHER doctor's visit today, as I had to go see the doctor who admitted me to the hospital when I was sick. Remember when I wrote that it looked like more of them were going to get their hooks in me? At least the appointment today didn't result in more tests or procedures. It looks like I'm finished with one of the doctors who worked with me when I was in the hospital. Yes!

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate the care I received here, because I thought I got outstanding help. I'm one of those hard headed men who don't like to go to the doctor. Of course, sometimes I'm a little overboard with avoiding the doctors, and I almost waited a little too late when I was admitted into the hospital. Now, I listen to Carolyn more when she gets on to me about being hard headed. Has my hard head softened up some? I would say so.

While I was at the doctor's office, Carolyn was visiting with her mother. Doris is 86 years old, and is still as sharp as a tack. She loves to crochet, and is usually doing an intricate piece that she passes on to a member of the family. Whenever someone wants a particular piece, they buy the material and patterns and a week or so later, the piece is finished. Doris is what i would call a speed crocheter. Those needles fly and you can almost see the smoke coming off them. It's great that she can still do things like that at her age. Oh, and another thing. She loves to put puzzles together. So, everyone is always looking for a new puzzle for Doris. Can you believe she does all this without having to use glasses?

It was past lunchtime before I got out of the doctor's office. Since I received a good report from the doctor, I decided that we would go to Sonny's for a late lunch. I know that I can eat a low sodium lunch there, so it wasn't a hard decision to make. Also, Carolyn is always ready to go there, so it was a popular decision with her.

Today, I had the sliced pork again, along with a corn muffin, cole slaw, and a baked sweet potato. Oh, and iced tea. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I enjoyed it. I did fudge a little by having two of Carolyn's french fries, but they didn't have any salt on them. I know, excuses, excuses.....

I was just thinking that it's only about six weeks until college football season starts. I'm ready.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Medina, Texas: Home Of The International Apple Festival

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: