Monday, July 19, 2010

Bundt Cake

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 97 degrees, partly cloudy skies

Today was clothes washing day, as Carolyn said she was running out of her favorite clothes to wear. I was still good for about, oh, another two weeks. Needless to say, the clothes got washed today. And guess who washed them? One guess, and his name starts with J.

Carolyn was feeling pretty good when she got up, without any evidence of vertigo. When she has days like that, we try to do whatever we can to make the vertigo-free day last as long as possible. That's why I washed the laundry. Besides, I don't mind doing the clothes. I've done many things that were a lot harder to do in my life.

After lunch, Carolyn felt well enough that she wanted to go revisit more of the countryside that we remember with fondness from our past life here. Today, the trip down memory lane led us northwest of Ocala through the Germantown, Reddick, Flemington, and Fairfield areas. Back in the day, there were some nice horse farms in the area, but most of the land was wooded with pine trees and oaks. Now, there are more horse farms and small hobby farms. It seems that many more people live in the area.

We lived in the Fairfield area at one time. In our travels today, we tried to find where we lived before, but the area has changed so much that we're not sure whether we found the location or not.

As we started meandering back toward the RV, we explored some of the back roads in the little town of McIntosh. The town only has about 450 people, but is full of majestic old oak trees and nice old houses that date back 100 years or more. Most of the town is listed as a historic area. Here's a picture that gives an idea of the little town's size. This is the town hall.



By the time we arrived home, it was time for some meditation. Later on, we discussed what supper would consist of, which started me thinking about dessert. For some reason, I've been wanting some chocolate, as well as a good tasting cake. The last time I was at Sam's Club, they had some great looking Bundt cakes for sale, but I didn't get one. I rectified that serious mistake today, picking up a triple chocolate Bundt cake. I can hear the cake calling me to go cut it. Hold on, I'm coming!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dodge City: Cowboy Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: