Thursday, July 8, 2010

Put Basement Back Together

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 95 degrees, clear skies

Carolyn had problems with her vertigo today, and we were home bound as a result. At least she was. I still had to go to Sam's Club for a few things that we use. The store seemed unusually busy for the middle of the week. I don't know if that means the economy is getting better or not. Probably not, since there are a lot of retirees who have settled here who are not dependent on a regular job to survive.

You'll notice I assigned ownership of the vertigo to Carolyn. It would be nice if she could give it up. She has said that she wouldn't wish this affliction on her worse enemy. Still, she's ready to give it up.

About three weeks ago, I repaired three separate leaks on water lines in the basement. Here's a picture of the spaghetti I had to deal with when I made the repairs to the leaks.



I decided to put everything back together today, trusting that three weeks of no leaks means that the leaks have been repaired. Here's what the basement looks like after putting the wall panel back in place.



Looks like new. Once the panel was installed, I put everything back in it's normal place. I'll keep a close watch for awhile to make sure there are not any more leaks.

The RV park where we're staying has a few overnighters stop in every day. When I see them leave in the morning, it makes me want to hitch up and follow them. But, it's important that I make sure my problems are doing like they should. My first appointment is next Wednesday, with another one following two days later. The last one is near the end of the month. I'm hopeful that the doctors are satisfied with my progress, and that we can start doing our drifting again. Of course, I understand how important it is that we stay here until I'm 100% again. I'm feeling much better, after feeling bad for about six months.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Gatlinburg, Tennessee: The Heart Of The Smokies

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to listen to your body it always lets you know something is wrong. that is when you need to go to the doc.
kathy

Jerald said...

You are absolutely right, and I have learned my lesson. This was scary!

Jerald