Thursday, July 15, 2010

Light Showers

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 74 degrees, high 94 degrees, light showers in the afternoon and early evening

The doctor visits continued today as I had to go back early this morning for a blood letting so some lab work could be done. In addition, another EKG was performed, which is about five or six of those in the last three weeks. Then, to top it all off, I had to go pee in a bottle. I'm not sure what that was about. Before I retired from working in the nuclear power industry, we had random drug tests all the time. This is the first time a private doctor has wanted a pee sample from me in a long time. I hope that word doesn't offend anyone.

I like to donate blood for other folks to use whenever I find a blood mobile. There's plenty of that activity around here, but I'm unable to donate. I've given so much blood for tests in the last three weeks that it amounts to more than if I was donating for someone's health. My arms were black and blue for a few days. Just when I was healing up, more blood was taken, so now my left arm is bruised again.

To top all this off, I have another appointment tomorrow to see an internal medicine doctor. He is the doctor who admitted me to the hospital when I was sick, so I guess he's got to get his hooks in me. Maybe all this is necessary, but it sure gets tiresome.

Since I had lab work this morning, I couldn't eat or drink after midnight. By the time I got home about 0930 hours, I was starving. Shredded wheat with zero sodium and milk never tasted so good before! Add a sliced banana to the bowl, and that's a fine breakfast. I use a little sugar to give the shredded wheat a little more taste.

With the early start and not being able to eat, I was a little under the weather most of the day. Then, the rain started, which tends to get Carolyn's anxieties going. She gets really anxious when there are thunderstorms around, so she was watching the radar on television most of the afternoon. If I was watching something, she would ask me to check the radar every few minutes. She picked up her anxieties about the weather from her mother. Doris seems to be calmer about rainy weather now, while Carolyn seems to get more anxious. I, on the other hand, hardly ever think about the weather getting bad. Maybe we're a good balance to each other. However, note Today's Town below. Is that something to be proud of?

There wasn't much going on today, but I have a few things planned for tomorrow, other than seeing another doctor. I'm starting to get a little RV crazy, so it's time to get out and about.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Ocala, Florida: Lightning Capital Of The World

Not all who wande rare lost.

No comments: