Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Mall Was Out Of Something

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 73 degrees, high 90 degrees, mostly clear skies - no rain today!

That's right, no rain today. Actually, it was a pretty nice day, with a few clouds here and there, light breezes, and the humidity wasn't stifling for a change. At times like this in Florida, I start wondering when the next shoe is going to drop.

In the past, I have carried on about the fact that if the WalMart Mall doesn't have something, I don't need it. Well, today was a red letter day, when for one the few times that I can remember, the Mall didn't have something that I needed. I'm speaking about some graphite to squirt into the innards of the lock on the door to the RV. I looked all over where I thought it would be, but had no luck. Finally, I suppressed my manly urge of never asking for directions, and asked a Mall worker where the graphite was. He took me right where it was supposed to be, and it was all sold out. He said the rack was full this morning, but it looks like the awful humidity here is causing a lot of locks to stick. I was so disappointed!

On the way home, I stopped at Auto Zone to see if they had any graphite. Nope. So, I guess I'll see what else I have in the basement that might work for freeing up a stuck lock.

The search for low sodium foods continues. Carolyn does a great job of preparing good tasting meals that are low in sodium content. I thought I would try to give her a break on the meat preps by picking up a baked chicken. Well, we're so used to checking the sodium content on everything now that I almost dropped the baked chicken when I saw how high the sodium content was. Can you believe 840 milligrams per serving? Ouch! So, instead of baked chicken, we had a chicken breast that Carolyn braised on the stove. Zero grams of sodium. You can't beat that, and it was good.

This afternoon while I was at the Mall, Carolyn was visiting her mother. She cherishes the time she has with Doris. Even though we're here longer than we thought we would be because of me getting sick, it hasn't been bad. Doris will be 86 years old later this month, and it will be the first birthday for her that we will help celebrate with her in many years.

My morning walks are gradually getting a little longer, although I'm still a long way from doing what I was before getting sick. I didn't extend the distance I was walking today compared to yesterday, but instead tried to do the distance a little faster. That was in an attempt to see if I'm going to have troubles breathing as I was before going in the hospital. So far, my breathing is doing good. No shortness of breath and no stopping to rest. Maybe I'll be back to my normal distance in a month or so.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - New Orleans, Louisiana: The Queen of the Mississippi

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: