Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 76 degrees, high 97 degrees, clear skies early, mostly cloudy late in the afternoon

Carolyn doesn't go to the grocery store much these days. Her vertigo seems to give her fits whenever she gets in a situation where there is a lot of visual stimulation, such as crowds of people or quickly changing scenes. Since she can't get into that type of situation very often, I'm usually the person that goes to the grocery store. In fact, I do most of the shopping of just about any kind that we need to do.

Occasionally, Carolyn will take a chance and go to the grocery store with me, and she decided to try today. It seems that she doesn't think I have the imagination that she does, so I take a list to make sure I get everything I should. There was no list today, since Carolyn said she didn't need one. Okay.

We got to the WalMart Mall about 0900 hours, and there was hardly anyone shopping in the Mall. That was good for Carolyn, since the motion stimulation was much less than normal. Starting at the front of the grocery section, she went up and down each aisle, checking the labels for sodium content for just about every item. Also, she was looking for some items for new recipes that she wanted to try. About 90 minutes later, she had found everything she wanted. About that time, the vertigo started rearing it's ugly head, so the timing was good.

It was a good shopping day for Carolyn, and we may have found a time of the day that will allow her to do more shopping. And, if she can, it means I don't have to worry about not getting something that was on a list.

Since Carolyn was able to go help buy groceries, her imagination allowed us to have low sodium taco salad. I think she needs to go with me more often.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Boston, Massachusetts: Puritan City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: