Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cheddar's

Heiskell, Tennessee

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 82 degrees, cloudy, windy, light showers

All day, we have been hearing about bad weather coming toward us. In the forecast are high winds, heavy rain, and everything that goes with the event. We've been waiting for it, but so far, it's a non-event. Could it be that the local forecasters take every opportunity to up the viewership of their television shows? It reminds me a little bit of the idiots we see that go to the worse weather they can find in a hurricane and stand out in the wind and rain reporting. I'm not saying that bad weather won't hit here, but if it doesn't, the credibility of the forecasters will take a hit.

If the wind does blow like they say it will, there won't be any leaves left on the trees. Our next door neighbors were up in the Smoky Mountains Park yesterday, and they said there were no leaves left on the trees above 3000 feet.

It was time to have the transmission serviced on the truck, so I spent some time trying to remember where I had it done up here last year. I was pleased with the work the garage did last year, but couldn't remember the name of the garage. I had a general idea of where it was located, but not how to get there. Does that make any sense??

Eventually, I figured out which garage I used, and called to see when they could do the work. The manager told me to come on in and they would take care of the job. The fluid and filters were changed, and a good checkup of the transmission was performed. Scott, the manager of Alert Transmission, told me everything looked good. I'm glad that little task is finished. Our truck has 150,000 miles on it, and runs like a new one. There's no doubt that the regular maintenance we have performed is helping it continue to run well.

We met my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy, and their friend Judy, who is visiting from Florida, for supper. We don't know much about eating places in the area, so they suggested Cheddar's, a nice place in Alcoa. Wow, what good food. And it was priced right, too. When the food was served, I thought for a minute that I was back in Texas. Heaping plates of food, delicious bread, and great salads. There was so much food that we brought home almost all of Carolyn's, and what was left on my plate filled a large carryout box. That's food the way I like it: plentiful, good tasting, and cheap. To top it off, the company was outstanding.

Terrell and Kathy have to go back to Texas on Saturday, as Kathy gets ready to undergo hip replacement surgery next week. She has been fighting cancer, and now this comes up. Tough lady, and we wish her all the best. We expect to see them next month when we're in Bay City.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - New York, New York: The City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: