Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ready, Set......

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 79 degrees, clear skies - WOW!

There was a slight breeze when I went for my morning walk. I was dressed like I would be in the middle of the summer: t-shirt and shorts. That meant the 52 degrees was slightly chilly, but I enjoyed the sensation. It was much better than sweating at 0600 hours in the morning!

We continued our preps for leaving Ocala tomorrow. Carolyn didn't have much to do, but she did wash the dishes for me. Normally, that's my job, but she said I had more than enough to do outside, and she would take care of them. Thanks, Dear.

The first thing I did was to wash two more loads of laundry, which included one load of winter jackets. It's hard to believe that we're almost back to the cooler time of the year. We love it.

I had to make a quick trip over to Sam's to pick up a couple of things. When I got back, I straightened the basement, which seems to get a little disorganized when we sit for more than a week or so. Then, I checked the tire pressure on the truck and RV, and noticed that several tires were 2 to 4 pounds below our traveling pressure. I topped off the tires, and double checked them with our tire monitoring system. Perfect!

Next up was washing the truck, which wasn't too bad. Recently, I waxed it, so it looked good once the dust was gone. Now, the truck looks as good as the RV.

Late in the afternoon, we went to visit Carolyn's mother, since we don't know when we will be back down here. As I've said before, we are so fortunate that Doris has good health and has such a good outlook on life.

After getting home and eating supper, I spent the rest of the evening puttering around outside, doing little chores that will make it easy to leave in the morning. Carolyn worked on some genealogy research, which will be the purpose of a stop near Nashville, Georgia, so she can do some cemetery visits. She has a lot of ancestors buried in the area.

It's exciting to be getting back on the road. However, the most important thing was to make sure that my health was on the right track, which we did while here the last four months. Now, let's have some fun.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Tacoma, Washington: Tacomatose

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: