Saturday, October 23, 2010

Slow, Restful Day

Heiskell, Tennessee

Weather: low 40 degrees, high 72 degrees, mostly clear skies, with clouds building near the end of the day

Remember we said we were tired yesterday? I guess we were more tired than we thought, since we didn't go anywhere today. That meant the truck got a rare day of rest, also. We lazed around most of the morning, reading, watching television, surfing the Internet....

All that hard work was after I got up a little past 0700 hours. I think I'm finally getting a handle on being able to sleep a little later. The nice weather we're having up here is probably helping my sleep. It's nice to be able to snuggle into the covers.

After we ate lunch, I decided to try to do something that was a little more productive by cleaning up the outside of the RV. About half way through the job, I met the nice couple staying in the RV next to us. They are Pat and Ronnie, fulltime RVers originally from Texas, but now calling South Dakota their home. He retired from Continental Airlines back in 2001 and never looked back. Some people seem to find it easier to retire than others.

Pat and Ronnie had a nice motor home that suffered a broken frame. Their manufacturer and dealer were both out of business, but their insurance stepped up and totaled the RV, which was in their best interest. Their replacement RV is a Heartland product, like ours is, but the similarity stops there. Their RV is 42 feet long, with a toy hauler. Ours is 36 feet long, just right for us. Ronnie said he is looking at getting a smaller RV because he has problems finding a place to park a 42 foot RV.

Pat and Ronnie say they will probably retire from the road someday, but they hope that day is far off. They have their eye on possibly retiring from the road in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We've been there before, and like the area, too. I wonder what the winters would be like there?

Eventually, I finished washing the RV, so I got something productive finished today. Of course, I could have put that job off a day or two, or a week.... After I went back inside the RV, I rested from all the activity, then decided it was time for some meditation. Now, that's one activity I know how to do.

Here's a picture we took in Maryville earlier this week.



And one more from Lenoir City.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Albertville, Alabama: The Fire Hydrant Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: