Monday, October 18, 2010

Chores

Heiskell, Tennessee

Weather: low 43 degrees, high 72 degrees, clear skies

We've been busier than normal for the last couple of weeks, so we decided we needed to stay home today and take care of some much needed maintenance around the RV. So, that's what we did today.

My day started a little later than normal, as I didn't get up until after 0730 hours. Carolyn was able to get up about 0700, so I heard about how I was getting lazy in my retirement. If this is lazy, I'll take it every day. As I've mentioned before, when I was working, my day usually started about 0400 hours every morning. I think I've earned a little latitude if I sleep a little late in the morning. Besides, this cool weather is really nice for sleeping.

After I ate breakfast and went for a little walk, we went to the WalMart Mall and Sam's Club to pick up a few groceries. We ate a late lunch when we got home, and I had good intentions of going outside to take care of some chores I needed to do. However, meditation called, and I thought it was more important to heed what my body was telling me.

After the meditation, I took the laundry and washed it. Carolyn was preparing supper, so I'll wash laundry any day for a good home cooked meal. By the time the laundry was finished, it was supper time, which I was ready for. Homemade vegetable soup and corn bread, yum, yum! And we have leftovers, so I'll get to enjoy it again tomorrow.

By the time supper was finished and the dishes washed, it was getting too late to do anything outside. Drat!! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to wash the truck and RV.

Oh, I forgot another little task we accomplished. Last week, we ordered our mail to be sent to us from our mail forwarder, so we went to the Heiskell post office to pick it up. I went through the mail and paid a couple of doctor bills related to my recent medical issues in Florida. Have you ever noticed how long the bills keep coming when you've been sick? It's been almost four months, and they keep trickling in. Is there an end to it?

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Jackson, Mississippi: City With Soul

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: