Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rain, No Wind

Heiskell, Texas

Weather: low 64 degrees, high 72 degrees, mostly cloudy to partly cloudy skies, rain early

The threatened rain came in last night, and it rained hard at times. Fortunately, the winds that the forecasters had been talking about all day yesterday failed to show up, so it was a peaceful night. There was probably a couple of inches of rain, but that's fine. We don't like the wind.

The rain continued until about 0900 hours this morning, and threatened more until about 1100 hours. Eventually, it looked like things were getting better, so I took the clothes to the laundry and got something productive completed by washing four loads of clothes. You would think we wouldn't have that many clothes to wash in a little more than a week, but I also had to do some bedding. The laundry here at the campground has good machines at a reasonable price, so if it is available (not covered up with people), I try to use it.

I think by now that everyone knows Carolyn suffers from vertigo that can strike at the worse times, so I tend to be the one that washes the laundry. That doesn't mean Carolyn gets a free ride, because believe me, she would rather do it herself. However, we have learned certain things we can do to accommodate her vertigo problem, and this laundry thing is one of them. Besides, I don't mind doing it.

While I was at the laundry, Carolyn was doing some house cleaning that she does when I'm not under foot. It's was what she calls her deep cleaning, so it's probably best that I'm not around when she's doing that.

By the time we were finished with our individual chores, it was lunch time, which consisted of leftovers from Cheddar's, the great restaurant we went to last night. Have I said lately that I like leftovers?

After lunch, talked a little about when we're leaving here. Eventually, we need to work our way southwest to Texas so we can see doctors and dentists for our checkups. So, decisions need to be made on that.

Carolyn spent some time catching up her genealogy stuff while I was taking care of some meditation. Later on, I had to go to the WalMart Mall for a couple of things, which got me out of the RV while she was preparing supper. I got home just as everything was ready to sit down and eat. Carolyn says I have a finely tuned sense of when it's time to eat.

Oh, one more thing before I close: the winds that were threatened didn't hit us, so there are still a lot of leaves on the trees. Maybe we'll get out for some more leaf peeping before we leave.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Las Vegas, Nevada: Sin City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: