Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Preps For Leaving

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 53 degrees, high 80 degrees, clear skies - Wonderful!

Getting a good report from the doctor yesterday seemed to energize us. We know that we're taking off on an adventure on Thursday, so that gave us the impetus to start getting ready.

Carolyn stayed busy inside doing her thing, even to the point that she says she's about ready to hit the road. When I asked her if there was anything I could do to help her, she said that I had plenty to do without trying to do her work. You know, she was right, as I had two weeks worth of laundry to wash, and didn't get through with that as the laundry was busy this morning. I'll finish the clothes in the morning.

After doing what I could at the laundry, I got on top of the RV and cleaned the roof again. It had been cleaned about a month ago, as we thought we were leaving here about that time. But, things came up, including my health issues (which we hope are finished) at that time which kept us here another month. At that time, we had done all the chores to get ready to leave, but this is a month later. So, do the departure chores again.

At least the roof was easier to clean this time, and I could tell that I'm doing better, physically. After finishing the roof, I decided I had done enough to reward myself with some meditation. Today's meditation came as close to sleep as it could without actually going to sleep. Very restful. Carolyn actually went to sleep, which is not so seldom. In fact, she gets a little nap just about every day. I wish I could do that.

When my meditation was finished, I washed the outside of the RV. Again, it wasn't as difficult as it was the last time. The only things i have left to do in order to be ready to leave, is clean up the truck, check the tire pressure on the truck and RV (easy with our remote monitoring system), and straighten the basement a little. Oh, and fill up the truck with fuel, and.......

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lafayette, Louisiana: The Heart Of Cajun Country

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Carol Higginbotham said...

So glad that your health has improved . I said prayer for you as you were in need of prayer . Would so like to meet you as we live in Chattanooga Tn. We also know a great campground called Spring Lake Resort in Crossville Tn. We are going to be there on vacation Oct. 22-31 . I have really enjoyed your blog and even went back to the beginning of your journey. We so want to enjoy traveling on a part time basic in the next year or two. I so envy the travels of the hitchitch people. Give me a call and maybe we can get together. Let me know where you are going to be staying and maybe we can get together as we have some major hamburger establishments!! Chattanooga has alot of attractions that are of interest. My # is 423-490-8550 thanks, Carol Higginbotham

Jerald said...

Thanks for the kind words and prayer for my health. We have stayed in Crossville before, and think it is a neat place to be. I can understand your wanting to start RVing, and I say go for it, even if it is only part-time.

If our schedule allows, we will give you a call when we're in the Chattanooga area.

Jerald