Friday, October 15, 2010

Scant Fall Colors

Heiskell, Tennessee

Weather: low 42 degrees, high 67 degrees, clear skies

The weather is great for checking out the fall colors, or as Carolyn says, leaf peeping. I think this must be her favorite thing to do in her favorite time of the year. She should really like tomorrow, as frost is expected for the area.

I waited a little later than normal before walking this morning so the temperature could warm up a little. Once I started walking, I actually went farther than yesterday, when I said I might have to cut back on my distance because of the hills. As Sharron Angle told Harry Reid, I manned up and extended myself a little. No promises that I'll continue doing that.

We have seen some beautiful fall colors here, but not the massive views that we hoped to see. Many of the trees have not started changing yet, and some of the ones that have are a little dull. We're hopeful that the leaf peeping will get better as the weather cools more. Here's the best looking tree in the park where we're staying.
Not that impressive.



Many of the leaves are falling before much color has come out.



Most of the color so far is coming from fall flowers.



We were eager to see more color, so we decided to go north through Clinton, then east to Norris. No colors there, or at least not any more than what we've seen elsewhere, so we headed down US 441 through the hills. Bah, humbug! Are we going to have to go to New England to see fall colors?

Once we got home, it was time for the daily meditation. Of course, I would have given it up to find some nice fall colors.

I hadn't hooked up the sewer hose yet, and Carolyn was concerned that she was going to have a full shower tank while taking a shower. That happened once, and she had shampoo in her hair. I was away from the RV, so she was a little ticked off at me that I hadn't dumped the tanks soon enough. Since I don't want her to go through that again, I hooked up the hose and dumped the tanks. We should be good to go for a while. Whew!

More leaf searching tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Norris, Tennessee: A National Historic City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: