Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Doctor's Visit

Ocala, Florida

Weather: low 52 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies

The great weather continued here today, and it's expected to continue for a few more days. That's fine with us, since we haven't had to use the air conditioning for the last four days.

I had a followup appointment with one of my doctors today, and the results were better than great. The doctor said the results of the test I had performed a few days ago were better than expected. In fact, much better. We talked about how to handle any problems that might arise before I see him again, and he answered all my questions to my satisfaction.

The doctor said he thought that I could handle any changes that might come up since I seemed to have a good grasp of the issues tha. I had two medicines stopped, with me being given the understanding that if certain things happened, I would resume using one of the medicines at a time, if needed. In addition, I was advised to call him at any time if I felt I needed to. The emphasis was placed on maintaining where I'm at, and if there's any slippage in my health, then we jump on it right away to prevent issues from becoming worse.

The news from the doctor was unexpected, so Carolyn and I discussed what we would do with our new found freedom. I don't have to see today's doctor until January, so we have some time to get out for some adventure. We're due for our physicals in the next two months, but at the present time, we're FREE! So, we decided to take a trip up to see the fall colors in Tennessee. This little trip will start on Thursday, and we will probably take a week to get to Tennessee. We're not in a hurry, and we want to do some exploring on our way up. Even though Carolyn is from Georgia, we haven't done much wandering in the state.

In the meantime, we have a few things to do for us to get ready. Like clean the inside of the RV, clean the outside, wash the laundry, etc.....

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bastrop, Texas: Where Opportunities Grow

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: