Saturday, August 30, 2008

College Football Starts

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 93 degrees, partly cloudy

Today was fairly slow for us. After my morning walk, we went out to check on the house and make sure there were no problems. The only problem I saw was that the grass is growing too fast.

Returning home, I watched some college football, and was pleased that Florida started the season with a win over Hawaii, 56 to 10. Once the game was over, I started taking care of some little chores that we had neglected during the time we have been so busy on Terri's house. One of the posts on the truck battery was covered with corrosion, so I took that apart, cleaned it up, covered everything with anti-corrosion spray, and put it back together. Other than being dirty, that wasn't too hard. Next, I wiped down the outside of the truck to get the dirt and grime off it. At least it looks like I take a little pride in it now.

It looks like Hurricane Gustav is going to be a real problem for the gulf coast. I hope everyone down there heeds the warnings and take the appropriate steps. We're sitting here for a few days at least until conditions get better. Of course, we may not be able to go to Florida immediately, anyway. Carolyn has a doctor's appointment next Tuesday. Future plans will depend on what comes of the appointment.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Port Arthur, Texas: Energy City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: