Friday, August 15, 2008

Yard Sale 2, Day 1

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 93 degrees, mostly clear until late in the afternoon when it became cloudy

We were up early this morning to get ready for the yard sale. I went out to the house to pick up a bed to be sold, and was back home by 0700. That made five truck loads of stuff to sell. When I returned home, we finished setting up for the sale, but were hampered somewhat by the heavy dew that kept us from putting stuff on the grass until about 1000 hours. Shoppers started showing up almost immediately, and business stayed good all day. I estimate we will have less than a truck load remaining when finished that we will donate to the Salvation Army.

Carolyn got a little break from the yard sale because she went with Terri to deliver Thomas to his dad about 30 miles north of Tuscaloosa. I say she got a break, but really she was riding with Terri during one of the busiest rush hours she has seen here. While she was gone, I mowed the yard in between serving customers. Tomorrow, I need to weed eat our yard.

The weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow shows showers, but I am hopeful that the rain holds off until we are done. However, we prepared for rain when we were putting everything up tonight by consolidating as much as we could and then using tarps to cover the stuff.

It was almost 1900 hours by the time we finished tonight. We were tired and had not prepared any supper, so we went down to Hardee's for a hamburger. It was a good choice because it was close to home and we didn't have to wait long. As soon as we returned home, I took a shower that helped me feel better. Then it was on to writing the blog for the day.

It has been a busy day, but was productive. I hope tomorrow will be as good.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Vallejo, California: City Of Opportunity

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: