Sunday, August 10, 2008

Large Eggs Smaller?

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 77 degrees, cloudy, light sprinkles and showers

The weather was the type that you don't see often in August: cool, cloudy, sprinkles. I could stand more of this type of weather.

Other than me taking my morning walk, we didn't do much today. It's hard to realize that just over a week ago we were covered up with work to do at the house. The weather was so hot that it felt unbearable. Now, most of the work is done, and the weather is much more bearable. Could it be that work and hot weather go together in the summer?

One thing we did do today was work some more on scanning Terri's pictures and keepsakes into the computer. This type of work is not hard, but it is tedious because it becomes like running a production line. It wouldn't surprise me if we're still scanning stuff a month from now.

We boiled some eggs for egg salad and other uses today. As I was taking the eggs out of the carton, it occurred to me as prices are going up on all types of food products, the sizes keep getting smaller. The large eggs we boiled looked like what I remember medium or even small eggs looked like several years ago. Am I imagining this? Are what the stores selling as large eggs smaller than they used to be?

Part of the boiled eggs went into a salad that Carolyn fixed, along with sweet potatoes and pork chops. Very good supper.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Macon, Georgia: Cherry Blossom Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: