Friday, August 29, 2008

Oil Spill

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 91 degrees, partly cloudy

Have you ever woke at 0400 hours, and not been able to go back to sleep? I woke up this morning at that time, and finally got up about 0415 hours, deciding that sleep was done. Imagine my surprise when after about 30 minutes, I was able to go back to sleep and slept until about 0730 hours. Most of the time when I wake up early, I can't go back to sleep. It must be conditioning caused by many years of getting up early to go to work. Today was a nice change.

After taking my walk, it was getting up in the morning. Especially after sleeping late. I returned home, rested a little and cooled down, then started cleaning up the tool box that is attached to the bed of the truck. Earlier this week, I noticed that there seemed to be some oil in the bottom of the tool box. Checking further today, I found that a quart of oil had sprung a leak, with the contents covering the bottom of everything in the box. What a mess! I removed everything and wiped it down, then cleaned the inside of the tool box. As a precaution to ensure this doesn't happen again, I moved the other three quarts of oil into a storage container in the basement of the RV. Then, I put everything back into the tool box and put the trash away. This was more work than I wanted to do today, but I only have myself to blame for not looking far enough ahead to realize that a plastic container of oil might spring a leak.

After lunch, I decided it was time to meditate. Later on in the day, we went with Terri to take Thomas up to Bessemer so his dad could pick him up for the weekend. On the way home, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for supper, which wasn't half bad. Today was the first time we have eaten out this week, so the change was okay. Most of the time, I would rather eat at home.

As I mentioned yesterday, college football season started last night. It starts in earnest for me tomorrow, when Florida plays Hawaii. Everything stops for me when Florida plays. It should be a good game.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Ash Fork, Arizona: Flagstone Capital of the United States

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: