Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fourth Day Of Rain

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 76 degrees, rainy

The rain continued for a fourth day, but we are expecting better weather for the next few days. Any remnants of a drought have been washed away.

We finished scanning Terri's pictures and keepsakes that we had been working on. I thought that was going to be all of them, but now Carolyn tells me that she has more that we can work on. Okay, let's get after it. It is amazing how much information can be put on a cd, when it is compared to the physical pictures and documents. One cd can hold thousands of documents, and the documents stay fresh looking. When we were down-sizing, we went through the same exercise. Our pictures and important papers are now on two cds.

Carolyn had another good day that was free of vertigo. That's two days in a row without vertigo, so maybe the latest episode is over. We hope so.

Yesterday, I had a disturbing visit to a strange store with Carolyn. I was concerned that the trauma of not going to WalMart might be hard to overcome. Today, I went to WalMart (without Carolyn), and it felt so good to enter familiar territory. I knew where to go to get what I wanted, and I was in and out with a minimum of fuss. Whew! I feel better.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Lubbock, Texas: Hub Of The Plains

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: