Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rain Easing Up

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 71 degrees, high 82 degrees, intermittent showers

Overnight, there was a lot of rain from the storm that has affected the area for the last three days. The rain continued today, but we did see some sunshine. We should see more rain the next couple of days, but the sun should make more appearances.

I was able to take my morning walk, and it felt good to get some exercise. I find that if I don't stay active, I have problems with my body getting stiff and sore.

After my walk and breakfast, I worked on scanning more of Terri's pictures and keepsake documents. That task is one that takes a lot of time, and we take a lot of breaks. We are over half finished with the scanning, and hope to finish it this next week.

Terri and Thomas came over late in the afternoon, and we had a good visit. Thomas is a rabid Alabama football fan, and I have a good time kidding him about how poorly they are going to do when they play Florida. He's able to hold his own, and even gets some zingers in once in awhile.

Carolyn is still feeling slightly off-center because of the vertigo she suffers from. Today makes the fifth day she has not left the RV because of the vertigo. If there is not an improvement tomorrow, she will start her exercises again.

More later, be safer.

Today's Town - Astoria, Oregon: The Spirit Of The Columbia

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: