Friday, August 8, 2008

Moe's Mexican Grill

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 72 degrees, high 91 degrees, mostly clear skies

What a difference a day has made in the weather! We had a shower yesterday as a front passed through the area. This morning, it was cooler with much lower humidity. The nice weather is supposed to last through the weekend.

We decided to not go to the house today, and will probably stay away from it the rest of the weekend. I think we are feeling a little burn out from all the work we have been doing over the last 4+ months. Our plan is to finish everything there by the end of next week, except for the yard work, which I can do once a week.

Since we didn't go to the house, we decided to have lunch with Terri. She took us to a new restaurant named Moe's Mexican Grill. It is located in Tuscaloosa across from University Mall. Carolyn and Terri had the Chicken Quesadilla, while I had the biggest burrito I have ever seen. It must have weighed at least a pound. Needless to say, I couldn't eat all of it. We had enough food left for supper. Along with the quesadillas and burrito, we were served thin tortilla chips, which are my favorite. The restaurant serves several different sauces, and I tried the traditional salsa, which had just enough heat to be interesting. Terri said it was too hot. I don't think it's too hot unless a sweat breaks out on your forehead, and this one didn't cause that. The food was not bad, and I'm sure we'll go there again.

After eating, Terri wanted to look at some TV stands, trying to find one for Thomas's room. I followed along, trying to remain alert until I could get home and meditate. There hasn't been much meditation lately with all the work going on.

Late in the day, I helped Billy Plowman pick his tomatoes. Billy is a little short, and has problems reaching the tomatoes inside his bushes. I'm taller with longer arms and legs, so it was easier for me to reach the bushes. It looks like we will have tomatoes for a few days.

After picking tomatoes, I decided to mow our yard. The yard was looking a little ragged, and I knew I probably wouldn't have a better day based on temperature. Now the yard looks good, and I will probably find something else to do tomorrow.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bartow, Florida: The City Of Oaks

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: