Monday, August 11, 2008

Visit to Salvation Army Store

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 70 degrees, high 83 degrees, mostly cloudy

The humidity was higher today, but the temperature remained moderate. The area is expected to get some rain tomorrow, with a high temperature expected in the high 70s. We were going to move Terri's washer and dryer, but will probably wait until Wednesday when the chance of rain is less.

We went over to the house about 1030 hours and stayed for about four hours. While there, we sorted through part of the yard sale stuff and placed prices on it so that when we have the yard sale, we only have to bring the stuff over and put it out in front of the RV. We are undecided as to whether the yard sale will be this coming weekend or the following one. We'll decide before Friday.

After leaving the house, I brought Carolyn home, then went to the Salvation Army Store, where I dropped off about 3/4 of a truck load of stuff, primarily clothes and books. Then I drove into Tuscaloosa to the library to return some books and pick up some more. Did I mention that we both like to read? We really like a good mystery.

Returning home from the library, I meditated for about a half hour, then did some more scanning of Terri's pictures and keepsake documents. We're making good progress on the scanning, but it's still going to take awhile.

While I was scanning stuff, Carolyn fixed a quick supper of quesadillas which were very tasty. After supper, I returned to the scanning, but got tired of the repetition after awhile. Then it was checking e-mail and reading about the Olympics.

I may not have done much today, but I'm tired. I think I'll call it a day after watching some of the Olympics.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - New Orleans, Louisiana: The Big Easy

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: