Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back In Texas

Greenville, South Carolina

Weather: low 65 degrees, high 75 degrees in Greenville, clear skies. Low of 41 degrees and raining when I arrived back in Georgetown.

0900 hours in Greenville

I have problems sleeping soundly when I'm away from home. Last night was not an exception, as I seemed to wake every hour. There were several things causing me to wake up. A new bed, new sounds, different food than what I'm used to, memories... Does anyone else have this problem? I'll be home tonight, and I'll sleep good. A comfortable bed, familiar sounds, and Carolyn.

Part of this post is being written as I'm waiting for my cousin Kenny's funeral. When the funeral is over, I'll visit with relatives for a little while, then drive back to the airport in Greenville to get my flight to Houston and Austin. The weather in Austin is forecast to be wet and cooler. We're scheduled to pick up the new RV tomorrow, but may have to put it off for another day or two if it's raining too hard. We're not complaining about the rain. Texas needs it badly, with most of the state in a drought.

It's time to get ready for the funeral. I'll write more from the airport on my way out of Greenville.

1615 hours at the Greenville Airport

The funeral is over, but the memories are still coming back. The only thing I enjoyed about this experience was seeing relatives again. Am I the only one that notices that my relatives are getting older? Of course, that might be said about me, but I like to think that I'm getting seasoned. Sometimes, the seasoning seems to be a little overdone.

Looking at the weather in Georgetown, I noticed that the weather has made a change to wet and cool, with a high today of 48 degrees. The same front is apparently on it's way to the Greenville area, and should be here tomorrow. I hope we can make the swap of RVs tomorrow in between showers.

It's going to be after 2300 hours before I get home tonight. I have a feeling I'll be able to sleep better than I did last night. We're getting ready to load the airplane. If I have time in Houston before catching the flight to Austin, I'll write more.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Anderson, South Carolina: The City of Hospitality

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: