Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy First Day Of Spring

Taylor, Texas

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 77 degrees, partly cloudy, windy

There must be good fishing on Lake Granger. Every morning when I take my walk, there are several boats putting in at the boat ramp, and more boats are usually in the water. In addition, people are usually fishing from the bank. This morning, almost all of the parking spaces at the boat ramp were filled, and several more people were fishing on the bank. About four miles away is a convenience store that has a good business selling drinks, beer, snacks, ice, and bait to folks going to the lake. Too bad I can't seem to get up enough energy to try the fishing. I have a feeling that if I went, I would spend most of my time trying to stay awake because the weather is so nice.

A few people left the park today. Tomorrow will be when the real exodus takes place because school starts again on Monday. As I walked around today, I noticed most of the sites show departure dates for tomorrow. I think the kids who were here can say that they have had a good time. Most of the parents seemed to be bearing up well.

I cleaned up the outside of the RV today, and it will probably be the easiest cleaning job I ever do on it. The fiberglass has a gel coat finish, as did our old RV. However, the new RV seems to have a better paint job, so I'm hopeful that it will stay easy to clean for awhile. I used some clean water with a clean rag, and the little bit of dirt came of easily.

Today is the first official day of spring, and the nice weather we have been having has continued. Spring is popping out everywhere at the park. The one thing we have been disappointed in is that the bluebonnets are not blooming as they usually do. The lack of rain has really hurt the wildflowers.

We plan to leave here on Monday, and it would be nice to be able to bottle some of this nice weather to take with us. It was so nice, we didn't leave the park today, choosing to stay at home and take it easy.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Mobile, Alabama: The City Of Six Flags

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: