Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bluebonnet Sighting!!

Georgetown, Texas

Weather: low 49 degrees, high 81 degrees, clear skies, windy

I was up and gone from the RV by 0530 hours this morning, on my way to Bay City to pick up the title for our RV from our safety deposit box. Being out that early brought back memories of many early mornings when I was working. I don't miss those early starts to the day at all.

With the early start, I was at the bank when it opened. Fifteen minutes later, I was on my way to see my brother Terrell and his wife Kathy for a few minutes. It was great seeing them again. Then on the road on the way back to Georgetown, where I had left Carolyn working on some things to get ready for the new RV that we are thinking of buying. Now, before anyone thinks I left Carolyn without asking her to go with me, she wanted to stay at home. She did not want to make that quick trip to Bay City and back. I can't say I blame her. It was very tiring.

As I was driving on Texas 71 headed north between Columbus and Lagrange, I did a double take. Did I just see bluebonnet flowers? Yes! The first bluebonnets of the year for me. What's so special about bluebonnets? Well, they're the state flower of Texas, and on top of that, they are beautiful. There's nothing like a field or hillside carpeted in these beautiful flowers.

When I arrived back at the RV, Carolyn told me that the RV dealership had called to let us know that the RV being brought in for us to see had been delivered. I called them back and told them we would be there tomorrow. I was too tired to go out again and go through the RV after the trip to Bay City. In fact, after I made the phone call, I did a little meditation until we left to go eat supper with my nephew Scott and his wife Chriselda.

Scott and Chriselda live in Taylor, located about 20 miles from Georgetown. It has been awhile since we have seen them, and we enjoyed the visit with them. We met for supper (dinner to some) at a Mexican restaurant named Ricoco in downtown Taylor. The food was good, but even better was the company. We enjoyed it, guys.

Today was another full one. I'm about ready for a down day, but I have a feeling it will be a few days before we can kick back.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Taylor, Texas: A Main Street Texas Town

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing the both of you. We've sent a gift to the address on your card; something, we think, you'll be able to use during your travel in Texas.

Jerald said...

It was great seeing you guys, also. As I have said before, family is important to us, and we take every opportunity to see them. FYI - since we will not be picking up our new RV until next week, we have decided to move to one of the COE parks at Granger Lake. Can't wait to see what you're sending us.

Jerald