Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cell Phone Amplifier Arrived

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 58 degrees, high 70 degrees, cloudy, misty early, windy

When I go for my morning walk, I pass by the Rio Colorado golf course, about a mile from the RV park. This morning, I happened to notice that one of my old working buddies, Dennis O'Brien, was getting ready to play. I walked over and said hello. We talked for a few minutes, catching up on what's been happening with each other and mutual acquaintances. It was good to see Dennis, and the social contact with friends like him is what I miss most about work.

Carolyn was feeling better today, even though there is still some pain and stiffness in her back. My challenge now is to keep her from doing too much too soon. She had an appointment with our dentist for a minor dental procedure on one of her teeth. Later in the day, she felt well enough that we took a ride down to Matagorda Beach to get our ocean fix. It's obvious to us that people are planning on the new bridge to generate a lot of business for the area. A number of new homes and condos have been built and many existing homes have been upgraded.

After lunch, the high school called and asked us to pick up our grandson Julian. He got sick at school, and didn't have a ride home. As soon as I saw Julian, it was obvious he didn't feel well. He had a raspy voice and a slight cough and complained of a headache. I asked him if he wanted to go home with me or go to his house. He decided to go to his house so he could take a nap.

Later in the afternoon after Carolyn's visit to the dentist, we went by to see how Julian was doing. He said no better, but he didn't need anything. On our way home, he called and said Fedex had just delivered the cell phone amplifier that I ordered last week. We hurried back and picked up the package. When we got home, I installed the amplifier, connected to the Internet, and noticed an immediate improvement in the strength and quality of the signal. Before the amplifier was installed, we were lucky to get one bar. Now we get three bars, resulting in a much better Internet connection. I'm amazed that this little instrument I bought cam make such an improvement. I should have done it sooner.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Shreveport, LA: Port City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: