Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Visited Our CPA

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 69 degrees, high 77 degrees, cloudy skies, windy

The wind returned today, but was not of any concern, since we are settled for several days. It's a good thing we decided to take a chance on the wind yesterday when we decided to move on from Taylor.

As scheduled, I met with our CPA today to review our tax information for 2008. Our taxes are getting simpler since I haven't been working, so I may do them next year. In the meantime, it was good to sit down and talk to our CPA. As I expected, he had some views on the economy and government actions. Both he and I are conservative in our dealings with finances, and the stuff that has been happening just amazes us. How long can the government keep doing some of the stuff they're doing, and not cause hyperinflation?

When I left the CPA's office, I went to AT&T's retail office to check into adding another cell phone to our service. When I first told the salesperson what I wanted, she said it would cost about $10.00 per month. Then, she checked further, and found out that the cost would actually be closer to $20.00 per month for an extra phone. I feel that's too much, especially when the level of service we have now is more than adequate for our needs. The only problem with our cell phone is that we only have the one, so that if I'm gone from home and Carolyn needs to contact me, she is unable to. We thought the easy thing to do would be to add another phone. It would have been easy, but the conservative streak in me came out and screamed "NO!" to the cost. I think the easy and cheap path will be to periodically add minutes to a TracFone. Didn't I say I was conservative when it comes to finances? Some would call it cheap.

By the time I got home, it was lunchtime, which Carolyn had prepared. After eating and resting for a few minutes, I got busy wiping the road dirt off the outside of the RV. Once that job was finished, we decided to watch a DVD that Lori loaned us titled "Twilight", a movie about vampires based in Forks, Washington. It was a little different from the typical teenage love story, and made a ton of money last year. Some of the scenery looked familiar from our trip to Washington in 2004.

We went to Lori's late in the afternoon and visited until John came home. Victoria's Mexican Restaurant was the choice for supper, and everyone had a good time.

We have appointments with our dentist tomorrow for our six month checkups. If everything goes well, we should be good to go until the fall.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bay City, Texas: Together We Achieve More

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: