Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Little This, A Little That

Taylor, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 56 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, light sprinkles in the morning

I slept so good last night. I guess the stress and work of the past week finally caught up with me. Whatever it was, I would like to sleep like that every night.

Spring break is occurring in Texas this next week, and the park seems to be full of families with kids having a good time. All manner of camping is taking place, from tents to expensive motor homes. I'm glad the weather is forecast to be good for them.

After breakfast, we lazed around the RV for awhile. I took my morning walk, checking out the park. This is a park that is about 10 miles from the nearest town, and appears to be fairly busy on weekends. They have playgrounds, a hiking trail, a picnic area overlooking the lake, boat ramps, and about 60 spaces for RV and tent camping, as well as a primitive camping area. The lake has a surface area of over 4,000 acres.

In the afternoon, we went into Taylor to pick up a few things at the WalMart Mall. That little task took longer than we expected, primarily because we kept remembering things we needed for the new home. Then we went across the street to the HEB grocery store for some groceries we like to buy from them. For a treat, we went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone. It's been a while since we had ice cream and even longer since we had it from McDonald's, and it was good. It doesn't take much to please us.

The rest of the afternoon was spent reading the information on the different systems for the new home and filling out warranty cards to be mailed tomorrow. We are sticklers for wanting to know how everything works. One thing we didn't get done was setting up the satellite dish. I found where the satellite connection is behind the living room TV, but the connections on the TV are different than what I am used to. I think I will need some adapters to make the satellite receiver work. Tomorrow, I'll go to Radio Shack to see if they can help me get everything I need to get the system operational. In the meantime, we are able to watch the local channels, so all is not lost.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Portland, Maine: Resurgam (I will rise again)

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: