Saturday, March 28, 2009

Loud Music Last Night

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 60 degrees, clear skies, windy

Today's weather was a far cry from the weather of the past few days. It dawned clear and crisp, with a low of about 45 degrees. What a change. I could stand weather like this about 360 days out of the year.

Carolyn's back started to give her problems yesterday, and it really grabbed her today. It was all she could do to walk a few feet. She stayed on a heating pad most of the day, and if this episode goes like the others with her back, she still has about three days before she will get over the pain and stiffness.

Lori is taking graduate courses in Houston on the weekend. She had a final exam in one of her classes this morning, and got home about 1300 hours. Shortly thereafter, we met Lori and her family at K-2 Restaurant for lunch. When we go to K-2, it's usually for lunch on Saturday because they have a hamburger special that we like. Today's lunch was good, as usual, and was made even better by the fact that we had part of our family with us.

After lunch, everyone went to our RV. After I gave a guided tour of the new home, we settled in the living room and caught up with what everyone has been doing. It's hard to believe that Julian will be a senior in high school next school year, while Zoe will be going into the seventh grade. Time seems to be flying by.

Remember in last night's post where I mentioned that a bar-b-que cook-off was being held in the RV park? They had been playing music rather loudly, but turned it way down at 2200 hours as required by park rules. Then, about 30 minutes later, the music was turned back up for about a half hour. Then it was back down. I managed to fall asleep for about an hour, when I was wakened from sleep by loud music. The loud music continued until almost 0300 hours this morning, when it was turned off for the rest of the night. Since I sleep so lightly, I did not go back to sleep until well after the music was turned off this morning. I was lying in the bed, waiting for it to start again.

When I went for my morning walk, I stopped by the park office to complain about the loud music. No one was around to complain to, and the office was not opened all day. About 1100 hours, we noticed two law enforcement officers walking down the street in the park, so I stopped them and explained the problem with loud music. Little did I know that the officers had been hired by the bar-b-que cook-off as private security to ensure the noise remained at a low roar. They told me if the problem persisted tonight, I should call the Bay City police because they have jurisdiction over the park. So, tonight I have the police number to call if the noise gets out of hand. I don't think we will have any problems tonight. Almost everyone from the cook-off has gone home. Yes!!

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Valdosta, Georgia: Winnersville, USA

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: