Friday, March 20, 2009

Families Having Fun

Taylor, Texas

Weather: low 46 degrees, high 77 degrees, clear skies

The people on spring break that are staying in the park continue to have a good time. It's great to see kids out and about, riding their bicycles, playing hop scotch, walking the trails, having water fights, playing cards..... What I haven't seen is a kid with his head stuck in a video game of some sort. Remember your childhood (and mine) when we entertained ourselves. We would not have had any idea what a video game was, and there was no way we would have stayed inside watching television, even if our mother had allowed it. How many times have you heard your mother say "Get outside and play"? Cell phones and text messaging? No way.

Over the past few days, we have been making a list of little things we want or need for the new home. We started trying to find those things today, going to Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar (do you see a theme developing here?), the WalMart Mall, and Home Depot. We found some of the things we were looking for, and we'll keep adding to the list as we continue to look. Who knows, maybe some of the needs or wants will go away.

The new home continues to perform well. Still no problems that I would even come close to calling an issue. When we went through our different manuals and brochures, we noticed that a manual for the air conditioner was not included. I notified the dealership today, and they're going to order one and send it to our mailing address. It would be great if this is the worse that we have with this RV.

Oh, wait a minute. There is one recurring problem. As I said in earlier posts, I have been having a difficult time getting everything stored in the basement. It's not that we have that much stuff or that little storage room. The storage in this RV is very large. We have reduced the amount of our stuff by quite a bit, but I seem to have problems figuring out how to store everything so it will ride well without a lot of slipping around. I guess I'll have to go buy a bunch of stuff so I can fill up the space. Then there won't be any shifting of the load.

Late this afternoon, a gentleman knocked on the door and said he wanted to thank me for the fifth wheel hitch tripod that I put out by the street. He said he had been looking for one like that, and it worked perfectly for his RV. He offered to pay me for it, but I told him it wasn't for sale, enjoy it. I was surprised that someone would take the time to thank me for the tripod. We meet some of the nicest people in this lifestyle.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - San Francisco, California: Frisco

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: