Friday, March 27, 2009

Tax Return Completed - Yuck!!

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 67 degrees, high 78 degrees, cloudy until late afternoon, then clear skies, scattered showers

I picked up our tax return for 2008 from the CPA this morning. After the CPA and I commiserated with each other about what we feel are punitive tax laws and rates, I brought the tax return home to review it with Carolyn. With a final review, the papers were taken to the post office and mailed. That unpleasant task is finished for another year.

We have been having problems with minor leaks under the kitchen sink and lavatory sink. These problems are not unexpected in a new RV, and today I purchased the needed parts to repair the kitchen sink. I had to take the basket strainers out and caulk them. Once that was finished, it appeared that I have repaired one of our problems. Next will be the lavatory sink. That's going to take an adapter to repair, and since we don't live here anymore, we'll have to find a store that sells what we need. The WalMart Mall didn't have it, one of the few times we haven't been able to find what we want.

Over a period of time, the cd player in the radio for the truck has been getting more and more balky about playing. About two months ago, it finally bit the dust. It crashed to the point that I couldn't get the cds out of it. Today, I went by a car stereo shop to see what could be done. The owner of the store told me it would cost more to try to repair the stereo than a new one would cost. Even if he was able to repair it, there would be no guarantee. As a result, I bought another radio with cd player and had it installed. The new stereo actually has a better sound than the old one did, and I was surprised at the price, which I thought was quite reasonable. One more little irritation fixed.

The bar-b-que cook-off is ongoing as I write this post. It sounds like they're having a good time. I hope they turn that loud sound system by the time quite hours comes. It wouldn't be so bad if they would turn the bass down. I'm going to walk over there tomorrow to see if there's anybody I know from my working days at the company I retired from.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Indianola, Mississippi: ‘Nola

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: