Monday, March 2, 2009

Chilling Out - A Little

Georgetown, Texas

Weather: low 28 degrees, high 60 degrees, mostly clear skies

This was a day to chill out. A little bit, that is. It seems like every time I try to do nothing or close to nothing, I always seem to find something that needs to be done. We replaced another window blind that had bitten the dust. At least that's done.

Then, I went back to the RV dealership that we have been talking to about a new RV and told them that the one we have been reviewing information on would not do. The colors of the couch and other items were totally wrong, and Carolyn said if that was all the dealership had, she was ready to go look elsewhere. I relayed that information to the dealership, and showed them what Carolyn wanted. The salesman got on the telephone, and in about ten minutes, he told me he had found what we were looking for. Pictures and the invoice were sent to us, and we will look at them tomorrow. We'll see where that leads us.

When I left the RV dealership, I decided to go south of Georgetown on I-35 to see if there were any RV dealerships down there. I found one, which I passed and had to go to the next exit. I backtracked and pulled in. The door to the sales office flew open and a salesman jumped out of the door, ready to go into action. I thought "Uh oh. This looks like a high pressure outfit to me." Have you ever noticed that many times, first impressions are usually right? In this case, I was dead on right. This guy wanted to sell me an RV. It didn't matter whether I bought what I needed or wanted, just sell me an RV. I do not like this kind of store. On top of that, they did not have anything that touched me. When I say touched me, I mean it didn't make me want to look further or even look at any sales brochures. Within 15 minutes, I was out of there and headed back home.

Yesterday, we found that my nephew Scott and his wife Chriselda live about 20 miles away. I exchanged e-mails with Chriselda, and it looks like we may get together for supper on Wednesday night. We're looking forward to seeing them.

We'll probably move to another Army Corps of Engineers park on Granger Lake, located about 20 miles east of Georgetown. That park is more open, with less trees. We'll have better views, and won't feel so boxed in like it is at Lake Georgetown. Not that the park at Lake Georgetown is a bad place to stay. Not at all. I think it's more a case of feeling the need to keep moving. Eventually, we'll be in Bay City, Texas, where we'll spend some time with our daughter Lori and her family. Maybe my brother Terrell and I can go chase a golf ball or two.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Port Angeles, Washington: The Center Of It All

Not all who wander are lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be on our way to Tenn to look at property to try and move there soon next tuesday we will head out ourselves. we are retired now and only came here to work. time to move to a place where we can sit on the porch and rock and look at the bears and deer and other animals. Glad you got to see scott and chriselda. make them take you to the mexican rest. downtown, really good.
Terrell & Kathy

Jerald said...

We're seeing Scott and Chriselda tomorrow, and we're going to the Mexican Restaurant. Looking forward to it. I may see you tomorrow.

Jerald