Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blood Donation

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 56 degrees, high 70 degrees, cloudy, windy

For some reason, today started slowly. I didn't do my morning walk until after 0900 hours, and by the time we ate breakfast, it was after 1030 hours. Since we were about to be overrun by laundry needing to be washed, we decided to go to the laundromat.

Before we left home, I checked the Internet to see where a blood drive was being held. If enough time has passed since my last blood donation, I usually try to donate blood wherever we are. The closest location today was in West Columbia, about 22 miles away. After finishing the laundry, we drove to West Columbia, where I made a pint deposit. At the time I decided to go there, I didn't know that this particular drive was being held to benefit an undercover policeman that was shot and injured seriously in the line of duty. He is in critical condition, and his condition is touch and go. I hope my little donation helps him. My donation was the sixth of the day, and their goal was 33 pints.

After getting home from giving blood, I was a little tired, so I performed some meditation for a short time. It's amazing what meditation can do for me. When the meditation was finished, I did some clean up of the outside of the RV.

Several days ago, we had a light shower pass through the area. The site we are parked on is almost completely shielded from the sun by huge oak trees. Normally, it would be assumed that trees are a good thing. The bad thing about trees is that they drip water when it rains, and that water has picked up oak stains on it's way to the RV and ground. Those stains are transferred to the RV, and will be set in the paint if they're not wiped off. I spent some time wiping the stains, but still have more to do tomorrow. I'm trying to stay ahead of the dirt on the outside of the new home.

Tonight, we visited with Lori and her family. We enjoy our time with them, and made plans to eat at a Chinese restaurant Friday evening. Lori has to go to Houston after work tomorrow to continue her master's level classes, so we won't see her tomorrow.

The new amplifier for the air card still seems to be working well. There are times when the signal is weak, but overall, I am happy with the results. I should have bought the amplifier sooner. I'm going to try to send some pictures out in tomorrow's post.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Starkville, Mississippi: Starkvegas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: