Friday, April 17, 2009

Finished Cleaning Roof

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 51 degrees, high 78 degrees, clear skies (I could stand about 360 days a year of this kind of weather)

I checked the leak repair area in the basement again today, and it was still dry. we re-installed the valves, and will leave everything else as it is for a couple more days to see if any further leaks show up.

Yesterday, I placed our cell phone antenna on the ladder leading to the roof until we could decide on a permanent location for it. Putting the antenna outside and up in the air about 12 feet has made a real difference in the signal strength. Add in the signal amplifier, and we have fairly decent signal speed, considering how bad the normal cell phone signal is for this area. We went from a signal of -102 dB to a signal of -73 dB. Much better, thank you!










I started cleaning the oak stains off the roof yesterday after I had a brainstorm (sometimes it's called something else) that since the roof was new, the stains might come off using water and a rag. Here's some pictures of the roof before cleaning with water and a rag.



Here's what the roof looks like after cleaning. I'm pleased with the results, even though I don't like being on the roof. The first picture shows dirty roof versus clean roof, while the second picture is all clean roof. I'm not saying that everyone should do what I did, but it worked for me.




This evening, I cooked (Jerald's shorthand for we went out to eat). When we finished, we took a little ride through some of the beautiful countryside west of Northport. I have written about the beauty that we see in this area, especially when the evening is coming on. The light becomes soft and casts a beautiful soft color unlike anything we have seen anywhere else. It would be great if we could capture what we see and show everyone.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Bastrop, Texas: The Most Historic Small Town In Texas

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: