Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bluebirds And Red Clover

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 55 degrees, high 75 degrees, partly cloudy

This morning, I noticed a bluebird flying near the RV. Then I noticed it again. I followed the bird to a bluebird nest located about 30 feet away from the rear of the RV. We can look out a couple of windows and watch the adult bluebirds feeding their young inside the nest. I tried to get some pictures, but they are just too fast for me. I found these pictures on the Internet that are a good representation of what we saw.
While trying to take pictures of the bluebirds, I took some pictures of the red clover that is blooming here. This flower seems to be the primary wild flower around here at this time, but there are several types of trees blooming in the yards, fields, and woods. We'll try to get pictures of those soon.

I checked on the leaking water heater bypass valve today, but was still unable to pinpoint where the leak is. I know there's a leak present, but it could be one or more of three locations. I isolated each point today with small plastic bags, and will check again tomorrow. If I have to, I'll change all three fittings.

We went to Sam's Club for a few things we needed. Maybe it's the time of the week, but they didn't seem very busy. There was plenty of traffic on the road, and the place where we stopped to buy diesel was very busy. All the news says that people are still losing their jobs, but we don't see any signs of that here.

It looks as though some unsettled weather is on it's way toward us. I hope it waits until daylight tomorrow. I like to see what the weather is doing. Carolyn would be happier, too.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Claxton, Georgia: Fruitcake Capital Of The World

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: