Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Rain Maker

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 63 degrees, high 89 degrees, mostly cloudy skies, light showers

Remember in last night's post that I said the waxing of the truck was finished, and now the folks that live here could expect some rain? Well, the rain happened today, and there is more expected for the next few days. Maybe I should hire myself out as a rain maker. Go to areas where rain is needed, clean up the truck, and get the umbrellas out. Collect my money and move on to the next trouble spot. I wonder if I could adjust the amount of rain desired by varying the amount of truck cleanup?

After the morning walk and breakfast, I borrowed a 10-foot step ladder from Marsha so I could do a little wipe down of the slide-out roofs. When I cleaned the roof of the RV a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't reach most of the slide-out roofs. After thinking about how to get the remainder of the oak stains cleaned from the slide-out roofs, I decided to try a taller step ladder. My ladder is only six feet tall, so it was not nearly tall enough for what I needed to do. Marsha's ladder worked great, and now the entire roof has been cleaned. Thanks for the use of the ladder, Marsha.

The six foot ladder I have works for most tasks, but there are some things I need a ladder for that the current ladder is not adequate for. I have had the ladder for about six years. I'm going to look around for something that I can possibly fold up, yet give me the height I need. Any ideas? Just keep in mind that it needs to fold small enough that I can still carry it with me.

I almost forgot - I mowed the yard today before it rained. Maybe that, combined with cleaning up the truck, tipped the weather scales enough that the rain came today. So, if I had not mowed, maybe it would not have rained. Sounds like some tests are in order. Naaaahh!!

I helped Terri with a task in Tuscaloosa that took most of the afternoon. Without giving any details and respecting her privacy, I have to say it was a successfully completed task. We can only hope that more of her tasks are as successful.

Here's a picture of the Grand Canyon in Arizona that we took in April, 2004. Our first glimpse of the canyon gave us a feeling similar to being in church.



More later, be safe.

Today's Town - St. Augustine, Florida: The Oldest Continuously Occupied European Settlement In The United States

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: