Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Super Duper Pipe Dope

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 50 degrees, high 58 degrees, mostly cloudy skies

We had more rain last night, but the wind did not blow nearly as hard as it did Sunday night. The next few days should be rain-free and sunnier. We're ready!!

I spent part of the afternoon helping Terri with a meeting in town. One thing that keeps striking me about this area as I travel the roads and streets is how heavy the traffic is, considering there is supposed to be a recession going on. Maybe this area is not affected as badly as others.

When I got home, I checked the leaking fitting in the basement. Yep, it was still leaking, and there appeared to be some evidence of slight leakage from the two other fittings on the tee. I took everything apart again, used super duper pipe dope on the fittings, and put them back together. I have a feeling this was the fix I needed.

I ordered a roof vent cover for our Fantastic Fan last week. It arrived at the store yesterday and I picked it up this afternoon. Looks like I'll have some work to do tomorrow, when I'll also install the two vent covers I bought last week. The new covers will allow us to leave the roof vents open if the wind is blowing or there is rain.

I've been thinking about how to install the cell phone antenna we use to increase the signal for our air card. The antenna was installed on the ladder of the old RV, but I haven't decided where to put it on the new RV. The big issue is how to get the wire into the RV without coming in through a window. I may drill a hole in the floor and bring it in that way. No decision yet.

I saw an article today about a large upturn in delinquent taxpayers. The article stated that the IRS was going to be kinder and gentler when dealing with late payers than in the past. Is nothing sacred anymore? Whatever happened to the bullying, intimidating, overwhelming entity that huffed and puffed and blew away all of a person's defenses when they were late with their taxes? I'm blown away.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Dahlonega, Georgia: Azalea City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: