Tuesday, April 28, 2009

NASCAR Fans

Coker, Alabama

Weather: low 62 degrees, high 87 degrees, mostly clear skies

The weather is starting to warm up as we get deeper into the spring. In order to get my morning walk out of the way before it gets too warm, I have been walking earlier. As a result, I'm usually back home before 0830 hours, unless I'm acting retired and sleep in a little. Like sleeping until 0630 hours.

It was time to wash our laundry, even though it's only been almost two weeks since we last did it. Just a joke. Actually, we ran out of laundry basket space, so that was our cue to get everything washed. I took everything to the laundry about 1100 hours, and had my choice of machines to use. No one was there except me for most of the time, unlike the other times we have been to that laundry. I'm not sure what caused business to be so slow today.

After I got home, it was time for some meditation. For some reason, I felt washed out. With meditation, I felt refreshed, and took care of some other little chores I needed to do. The last thing I did was finish putting wax on the truck. Folks in this area can get ready for some rain.

After a supper of lasagna and salad, we watched a couple of our favorite TV shows, NCIS and The Mentalist. We find that as we get older, the silly situation comedies hold little attraction for us. We would rather watch some of the cooking or self help shows. Wouldn't it be great if there was an RV show on?

Yesterday, when I was on I-59 going to Coaling, I saw the most RVs on the road that I have ever seen. There must have been 15-20 RVs for every mile I traveled, and all of them were going to the southwest, away from Birmingham. After thinking about where these folks were coming from, I came to the conclusion that they must have been at the NASCAR race held at Talladega over the weekend. Looks like there's still some discretionary income out there.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Pulaski, Tennessee: Yesterday’s Charm, Tomorrow’s Progress

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: