Friday, April 3, 2009

Another Golf Day

Bay City, Texas

Weather: low 45 degrees, high 72 degrees, clear skies, windy

Before I go any further in tonight's post, I would like to show everyone what our nephew Scott and his wife Chriselda sent us in the mail. When we saw them in Taylor about three weeks ago, we told them about our new RV that we had ordered. Chriselda told us that they were sending us something in the mail, and she hoped we would like it. Like it? We love it! Look at what we received from them. Isn't this the most thoughtful gift for someone who loves nature like we do? When we're wondering what kind of bird that was, this book on birds of Texas and the binoculars will help us identify it. In addition, when we're looking out across a beautiful vista, we'll be able to see farther and more clearly. Thank you, Scott and Chriselda. We hope to see you in the fall.

We didn't do much in the way of work today, choosing to take things easy. We met Terrell and Kathy for lunch at Chili's, and had a great time. Since the weather was so nice, Terrell and I decided to play golf. It's too bad the golf didn't match the weather. I have several reasons why I didn't play well, including my elbow hurt, my shoulder was a little tender, I have a blister on my hand, my clubs felt out of balance..... I could keep on for awhile, but I think you get the idea. All days on the golf course are good. Some are better than others. The best things about this day on the course was the weather, and spending time with my brother.

When I got home, it was time to go have supper with Lori and her family at a Chinese restaurant. The food was good, and I saw another old friend I used to work with. It's nice to see these folks I used to work with, and it seems like every time I go to town, I see someone I know.

Tomorrow, we will start getting the RV and truck ready to travel. Our plans are to leave here on Sunday, going back to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for a visit with our daughter Terri and grandson Thomas. I'm not sure how long we will be there, but we plan to go to Florida in May to visit family there. A little traveling ahead of us in the near future.

More later, be safe.

Today's Town - Memphis, Tennessee: Bluff City

Not all who wander are lost.

No comments: